Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Drabble for Story a Day May!

I am very pleased to report that I have written a short story for each day of this month so far :) I'm not ready to share the first two, but today's drabble feels ready to share. I was inspired by this prompt, to use the last line of a book I love as the last line of my story. Huge piles of nerd points if you recognize the line :)
A crash sent Jason running downstairs. He stepped into the kitchen slowly, remembering how often voices had been raised in anger recently. Parenting a teenager seemed to be almost as tough as being one. He found his wife and son covered in splatters of what had to be the candy they were making. Sprays and splatters festooned everything. For a moment, they all held their breath. Someone snorted, as if holding in laughter. In a moment, Jason was pulled into a sticky three-way hug, all of them dissolving into helpless laughter.

Even with nougat, you can have a perfect moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment