Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday Sodium Survey, Week Three

Days tracked: 1/15/17 to 1/21/17
Daily goal: less than 2000 mg sodium per day
Days goal met: Every. Single. One.

This week has been every so slightly easier than the previous two. I would still be lying if I said that it was easy, but I am getting used to things. Preparing food ahead of time is a huge help. I still crave salty foods; thankfully the cravings are less urgent than they had been. Keeping low- and no-sodium snack foods handy helps me avoid getting too hungry. It also helps that I genuinely enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables. Unsalted butter and a collections of spices have kept my food fun and interesting.

The big excitement this week is on the home front; specifically the cat department.

My roommates have a cat, Prince - short for Prince Tunapaws, Lord of the Apartment. He's been with my roommates for years. Until recently he would either ignore me, or run from me like I was going to take him to the vet. One morning this week, though, he and I were the only ones downstairs. He didn't scramble away as soon as I came into the room. In fact, I got to pet and scritch him for quite a while. He purred! He even let me pet him a bit later that same day, in front of other people. That is high praise coming from Prince :)





No comments:

Post a Comment