Saturday, May 10, 2014

Story a Day May 10


The Prompt
Choose a piece of music from the list below. Listen through it once or twice and get your mind in the mood of the music. Then start writing.
~Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saens
~Fanfare for the Common Man by Aaron Copland
~Egmont Overture by Ludwig van Beethoven
~Piano Concerto No. 2 in C minor, Op. 18 (II. Adagio Sostenuto) by Sergei Rachmaninoff
~The Planets by Gustav Holst (choose one movement)


I wrote to Danse Macabre

***

I closed my eyes, praying it was a mistake. Gripping the steering wheel I took deep breaths, just like they taught me in rehab. I opened my eyes, looked up through the windshield and almost cried. It was no mistake - the grocery store shared a parking lot with a liquor store. I moved here to avoid temptation. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment