Thursday, December 26, 2013

Peanut Butter Delights - results!

These came out delicious! They're like the love child of chocolate and a granola bar :) I am totally making these again. Next time I'll let the batter sit and cool a bit before spooning it out - the last ones poured from this batch had a better texture.

There's only a couple left from last night's batch. Yay! They were liked! The down side is that I have to resist those last delights if I'm going to find if/how the texture stands up to storage. Thankfully, I am willing to suffer for my (culinary) art :)

I am so glad I avoided cutting them into bars! I tried cutting one in half - total, delicious mess.

Here's my ideas (so far!) for variations:
~add dried fruit
~add crushed candy canes
~use almond or cashew butter
~use other rolled grains (wheat flakes would work. Corn Flakes would not)
~add sunflower seeds
~add peppermint oil or peppermint extract

What variation of Peanut Butter Delights do you want to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment