Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Peanut Butter Delights

Since I work in an office and enjoy baking, I bring treats to work on special occasions. Tomorrow I'll bring in some Peanut Butter Delights, aka Peanut Butter Chocolate No-Bake Cookies. I found the recipe in several different places online; I linked to the Cooks.com recipe because it has that handy Printer Friendly button right there at the top :)

Other recipes suggested dropping spoonfuls of the batter onto parchment paper, so that's what I planned to do. I don't trust my ability to cut them into squares without making a mess. So, I melted the butter, put the milk, sugar, and cocoa powder* into the pan, then went to lay out aluminum foil to receive the aforementioned spoonfuls.


Yes, that bit of foil is as tiny as you think it is. No, I don't have parchment paper to use instead


However! I was not daunted! Much!

While I waited for the mixture in the pan to boil, I decided to use silicone muffin cups. It should only affect the shape of the final product; given the ingredients they're bound to be tasty! I'll report in tomorrow with the final results :)

*I realized while typing this sentence that I forgot to put in the vanilla extract. D'oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment